Thomas Clarkson Academy knows that it is of the upmost importance to have good systems for protecting and safeguarding the welfare of all our students. This means that anyone who works with our students must be alert to possible concerns and report these appropriately and in a timely manner.
In order to protect our students, it is our aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all of our students feel safe, secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
We will support all students by:
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness whilst not condoning aggression or bullying
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the Academy
The Brooke Weston Trust (BWT) policy for safeguarding and Child Protection is to:
- Protect children from maltreatment
- Prevent impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensure that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- To take action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
The BWT Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found by clicking here.
Operation Encompass is a national scheme that operates jointly between schools and all police forces.
If you have a safeguarding concern during the holiday please email your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSPCC helpline - Report abuse in education:
The new dedicated, confidential helpline will be run by the NSPCC and is available to current or past victims as well as parents, carers or professionals with concerns. The dedicated NSPCC helpline number is 0800 136 663, live from Thursday 1st April.
Dedicated helpline for victims of abuse in schools - NSPCC website