Key Safeguarding Personnel
|Principal||Mr Richard Scott|
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||
Mrs Alex Salmon
|Deputed Safeguarding Leads||
Mrs Claire Ziebart
|Mrs Kate Allgood|
|Mrs Emma Flisher|
|Ms Claire Thomas|
|Mrs Hayley Davies|
|Nominated Child Protection Governor||Mrs Jan Hutchinson|
Local Authority Designated Officer
Tel: Monday-Friday during office hours: 01223 727 967
Tel: Emergency duty team out of hours: 01733 234 724
Operation Encompass is a national scheme that operates jointly between schools and all police forces.
If you have a safeguarding concern during the holiday please email your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Brooke Weston Trust's latest Safeguarding policy can be found by clicking here.
NSPCC helpline - Report abuse in education:
The new dedicated, confidential helpline will be run by the NSPCC and is available to current or past victims as well as parents, carers or professionals with concerns. The dedicated NSPCC helpline number is 0800 136 663, live from Thursday 1st April.
We feel it important to communicate to parents/carers in relation to a particular online safety concern, which is potentially affecting young people in Wisbech and the surrounding area.
How to keep my child safe online - Government guidance, April 2020
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
- Cyber-flashing - advice for parents and carers
- Facebook - advice for parents and carers
- Media Use and Attitudes Report 2022 - advice for parents and carers
- Online Safety for Under 5s - Ten Top Tips for parents and carers
- Discord app - what parents & carers need to know
- Cross-Platform Sharing of Inappropriate Content - what parents & carers need to know
- Is Roblox safe for children - parents & carer's guide
- Virtual Reality - what parents & carers need to know
- What is the BeReal app? - what parents need to know
- Twitch - what parents & carers need to know
- ESPORTS - what parents & carers need to know
- Parents' Ultimate Guide to TikTok (Commonsense Media)
- TikTok app safety – what parents need to know (Internet Matters)
- Roblox - what parents need to know
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 - Translations (LGfL)
Our friends at the London Grid for Learning have translated Part One and Annex A of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 into thirteen community languages:
- Chinese (Simpl.)
- Chinese (Trad.)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
These translations were carried out by professional linguist with secondary proofing. However, the original English version should be treated as the official source of statutory school staff duties.
The translated documents can be accessed here: https://national.lgfl.net/digisafe/kcsie/kcsietranslate
Reporting Hate Crime
Visit the True Vision website for information about hate crime or incidents and advice on how to report it.
Safeguarding is Everyone's Business
Our Family Worker is Mrs Hayley Davies - read more about her role in supporting families.